Dear Applicant read the following information carefully before applying to the programme.
I. Foundation Year programme
Foundation Year programme is designed by MDIS (Singapore) for those applicants who graduated from a Secondary School (11 years of compulsory education) or an Academic Lyceum or Professional College (12 years of compulsory education) and wish to start their studies from the first year of study in MDIS Tashkent. Students in Foundation Year programme will have great opportunities to improve and advance their English language and Communication skills. They obtain knowledge in Mathematics, Fundamentals of Information Technology, Introduction to Business Management and expand their outlook taking the classes such as Social Enlightenment. This is the two-semester programme, which starts in the middle of September each year.
Upon successful completion of Foundation Year programme, students can proceed to the following programmes offered by UK universities (Bangor University and University of Sunderland) in MDIS Tashkent:
Bangor University programs:
- BSc (Hons) Banking & Finance
- BSc (Hons) Industrial Management
- BSc (Hons) International Hospitality and Tourism Management
- BSc (Hons) Applied Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Management
- BSc (Hons) Business and Economics
- BSc (Hons) Finance, Investment and Risk Management
University of Sunderland programs:
- BA (Hons) Accounting and Finance
- BA (Hons) Business and Financial Management
- BA (Hons) Business and Marketing Management
- BA (Hons) Business and Management
II. Requirements to apply to the programme
Applicants who wish to apply to the program must meet following minimum requirements:
a) Applicants must have completed Secondary Education with aggregate average score in the subjects/disciplines not less than 4.0 and with minimum score of 4 on Mathematics discipline either from:
- a Secondary School (11 years of compulsory education) or
- an Academic Lyceum or Professional College (12 years of compulsory education);
b) Applicants who hold IELTS certificates must have overall score no less than 5.5;
c) Applicants who do not hold IELTS certificates must sit for the MDIS Tashkent English Entrance Test and must have obtained overall score no less than 5.5.
d). All applicants are subjected to sit for the MDIS Tashkent Mathematics Test.
III. How to register online?
MDIS Tashkent accepts applications online. After the deadline of admission, no other applications and documents will be accepted. (NB. Dates are subject to change by MDIS, Singapore).
Online registration for Foundation Year programme starts from the 1st of June, 2017 and ends on the 7th of July 2017, 5pm.
Applicants must fill in the electronic application (which will be available from June 1, 2017 on our website) in the English language to register online which consists of:
1. Terms of agreement: Applicant must read and acknowledge the MDIS Tashkent Admission Committee rules and regulations before applying to the programme.
2. Personal Information: Applicant must fill in the electronic application on his/her information and must upload required documents.
a) Name, Surname and Given Name;
b) Birth Day/Month/Year;
c) Passport details;
d) Permanent address;
e) Valid e-mail address;
f) Valid contact number (cell phone and home phone);
g) Passport (including permanent registration page of the passport) in PDF format;
h) Photo (3.5X4.5 sized) in JPEG format;
3. Parents’ information: Applicant must fill in all required fields with the information of his/her parents and one contact person in emergency:
a) Full name of parents;
b) Permanent address;
c) Valid contact number (cell phone and home phone);
d) E-mail address (if available).
4. Education background: Applicant must fill in the electronic application about his/her education background and must upload required documents.
a) Diploma and transcripts (Applicant’s aggregate average score in the subjects/disciplines must be not less than four (4.0) and on Mathematics discipline mark must be not less than four (4) with notarized translation into English;
b) Type of educational school he/she graduated:
c) secondary school.
c) IELTS certificate (if available)
5. Required documents: Applicants need to upload scanned copies of the following documents while registering online in PDF format:
- Official letter to Rector;
- Passport (including permanent registration page of the passport);
- Diploma and the transcripts with notarized translation into English;
- IELTS certificate (if available);
- Photo (3.5X4.5 sized) in JPEG format.
IV. Entry Tests
The Entry Examinations will be conducted at MDIS Tashkent campus by the representatives of MDIS (Republic of Singapore) from July 10 to 21, 2017. (Examination dates are subject to change depending on real number of applicants). Applicants are responsible to check their examination date and time after July 7, 2017 on website www.mdis.uz.
There are two (2) MDIS Tashkent entry tests:
1. English (Applicants who do not hold IELTS certificates).
2. Mathematics (For all applicants).
Applicants must check about MDIS Tashkent English and Mathematics Entrance Test dates on the website www.mdis.uz after July 7, 2017. Tests are conducted and checked by MDIS Exam Unit, Singapore. Tests results will be announced at www.mdis.uz It is applicant’s responsibility to check his/her exam result online.
1. MDIS Tashkent English Entrance Test consists of four parts:
Listening, Reading, and Writing parts will be held in one session and it lasts three hours and twenty minutes (3.20 min.). Speaking part will be held on different day.
Applicants who hold IELTS certificates with overall score of 5.5 and above may wish not to take MDIS Tashkent English Entrance Test, and can submit the IELTS certificate while registering online. Applicant who submits the IELTS certificate will not be eligible to take the MDIS Tashkent English Entrance Test.
2. The MDIS Tashkent Mathematics Entry Test consists of 25 questions. Test lasts one hour and twenty minutes (1.20 min.)
Upon release of the results there are seven hundred (700) applicants will be selected based on the merit (from highest scores to the lowest). Applicants’ IELTS or English Test scores will be combined with Mathematics Test scores to calculate the MDIS Tashkent Entry Examination results.
Preferences of the tests are as follows:
IELTS or English Entry test: 60%
Mathematics test: 40%
VI. Contract issuance
Contracts will be issued to the applicants who are selected on merit base (from the highest scores to the lowest). Contract issuance days will be announced at www.mdis.uz. Applicants should collect the contract at MDIS Tashkent campus within the set schedule after the exam results are released. The contract fee is fixed at level of 10,525,875 UZS (ten million five hundred twenty-five thousand eight hundred seventy-five) for the first semester of 2017-2018 academic year. Payment is made in soums at the rate of the Central Bank of Uzbekistan on the day of payment. The due date for the payment of contract is within seven banking days from the day of issuance the contract. Applicants are allowed to pay by installments. Applicant who fails to collect the contract or fails to make the payment within 7 banking days from the date of contract issuance in the amount of 50%, the contract becomes void and will not be reissued to the same applicant.
Applicants must submit original copies of the following documents to collect the contract:
- Official letter to Rector;
- 2 photocopies of passport (with permanent registration);
- Diploma and transcripts of the General Education from a Secondary School, Academic Lyceum or Professional College;
- IELTS certificate (if available);
- MDIST application form (personal information form);
- Medical certificate (form №086);
- Photocopy of military recruit registration card (male applicants);
- 6 photos (3.5X4.5 sized).